- On Thursday, September 24th at 6:45 p.m. Pope Francis will pray the Evening Prayer at a Vespers service held in the renown St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City.
- Pope Francis will address the United Nations General Assembly on September 25, 2015 at 08:30 am
- On Friday, September 25th at 11:30 a.m., Pope Francis will hold a multi-religious service at the 9/11 memorial site in New York City.
- Pope Francis will pay a visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels school on September 25, 2015 at 04:00 p.m., an institution that has been providing grade school level education to the East Harlem community for over 120 years.
- On Friday, September 25th, 2015 at 05:00 p.m., Pope Francis will travel via motorcade through Central Park to meet and greet New Yorkers. This will happen shortly after his visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels…
- The Vatican has confirmed that Pope Francis will celebrate Mass at the Madison Square Garden events facility on September 25th, 2015 at 06:00 p.m.
- Pope Francis will depart for Philadelphia from John F. Kennedy International Airport on September 26th, 2015 at 08:40 a.m.
When: June 17; July 8; August 12; September 9. Starting at 5PM
Where: Lower Manhattan’s Water Street Between Wall Street and Old Slip
What: Live DJs, Bands, Films, Food, Beer, Wine and a curated selection of classic and custom games.
at Fulton Fish Market
New Amsterdam Market is held every Sunday, 11am to 4pm, at the historic old Fulton Fish Market near the South Street Seaport. The market brings together butchers, bakers, grocers and other regional vendors and is steadily adding to its prepared-food lineup. New Amsterdam also has themed days at the market that highlight different kinds of food—from cured meats to hot breads, jarred products, even imported organic stone-ground chocolate.
Date: March 26 – April 24, 2015, opens at 03:00 PM
Time: 08:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Where: Brookfield Place Winter Garden (230 Vessey Street, NY 10821)
Free to attend
Soft Spin is a sound and sculptural installation designed for the Winter Garden, the iconic Lower Manhattan public atrium at the heart of Brookfield Place. The work features six large-scale fabric forms gracefully swirling overhead, emanating the sounds of intermittent voices in song. Playful tunes, curvaceous hemlines and sundrenched bursts of bright color invite viewers to look up and embrace the unexpected.
In a bow to the Winter Garden’s 25-year history as a performing arts space, Soft Spin plays with notions of being in the spotlight, “on display,” or “playing a part.” The audio score fluctuates between individual and group voices singing show tunes in the shower, mirroring theatrical or operatic traditions of chorus and response in a polis—a public place—or the taking of turns in a children’s game.
Heather Nicol is a Toronto-based artist and curator. Her artworks and projects have been exhibited in galleries in New York, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Milly, Berlin, Montreal, and Toronto, including non-traditional locations such as Toronto’s soaring atrium at Brookfield Place, the Great Hall of Union Station (Nuit Blanche), the decommissioned Shaw Street School, and in a 40,000 square foot vacant sweatshop. She received her BFA (honors) from the School of Visual Arts in New York, M.A. in Art Education from NYU, and interdisciplinary MFA from OCAD University, Toronto.
Whisper Editions & Pretty Streets Botanicals are gathering at the Whisper Lodge to offer this one time very special floral arranging workshop on Valentines Day. Kristen Ossmann, the master mind behind Pretty Streets, is teaching the class which promises to be elegantly educational for all levels and abilities and will help get those creative juices flowing.
Date: Saturday, February 14th, 2015
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Where: Whisper Lodge (8 Fulton Street)
Price: $230 includes Class, Clippers, Vessel, and Flowers
Note: Beverages will be provided, this class is non-refundable.
Where: Fulton Street and Front Street at South Street Seaport
When: Friday, November 28, 2014 at 6PM
November 15, 2014 through February 23, 2015
Mon-Thurs 12 Noon – 9 PM
Fri 12 Noon – 10 PM
Sat 10 AM – 10 PM
Sun 10 AM – 8 PM
Admission – $10
Children 5 and under – Free
Skate Rental – $6
Helmet Rental – $6
Bag Check – $8
You can spend your lunch hour enjoying a FREE, live performance with Trinity Church’s return of their Bach at One series. Every Wednesday at 1p.m., head over to St. Paul’s Chapel and hear the Choir of Trinity Wall Street and the Trinity Baroque Orchestra perform the cantatas of Johann Sebastian Bach. Conducted by Trinity’s Director of Music and Arts, Mr. Julian Wachner, the cantatas are presented in a historically-informed manner as well as in a liturgical context.
Bach at One is FREE, open to all, and offers a perfect lunch-hour time of reflection and meditation every Wednesday now through December.
Three night series of free concerts curated by WNYC radio producer and host John Schaefer.
When: October 14-16 at 7:30PM
Where: Brookfield Place Winter Garden
Free – no tickets or reservations required